Saturday, March 04, 2006

A new day, a new beginning...

"Men are haunted by the vastness of eternity. And so we ask ourselves: will our actions echo across the centuries? Will strangers hear our names long after we are gone, and wonder who we were, how bravely we fought, how fiercely we loved?"

Was going through some sun signs and compatibility funda on the net. (Primarily due to lack of anything useful to do ... I never in my dreams imagined I would be reading all this crap! Image) The site had pretty detailed info, I must admit! The surprising thing I saw was that they had mentioned that some signs do not match.... "not destined" was the word! I nearly burst out laughing!

Destiny!!! Aren't we the ones who shape destiny? Is it our fault that some bugger classified our birthdate into some stupid symbols/signs and decided that this was compatible and this was not!? And yet I find many of my friends hooked on to these predictions....

And yet that word Destiny, set me thinking. Is there something beyond us..a force, a God, a power??? I looked back at so many things ... just the two years I was here at IITM. My memory's pretty weak to remember a great many things beyond anyways!!! Image So many different people ... so many relationships ... built and broken! I have enjoyed my life in the company of people, some of whom I would have never interacted with otherwise! People of the likes I would have kept away from ... but not anymore! These are now an integral part of my life! Some friends are now far away, and others are closer than friends have ever been! Surprising? Very. Destiny? I don't know!

And now, two months from now, we will move on! Every one of us! I sometimes imagine how it would be if AG just disappears! No news of him ... not present for the convocation ... not in touch with anyone at all. Will some friends remember him? Will some even give a thought? Or will we move on ... on the path life and our work takes us? I like the opening lines of Troy (quoted above!) Forget centuries ... will our own friends remember us? Will we look out for each other? Search for the times we spent together at IITM?

I doubt it! Maybe I'm being too skeptical. But think of it this way. One part of the story is over ... the other part begins ... and it is a new beginning! The actor in us is always in search of new roles ... new directors ... new heroines!!! And he will move on .... perhaps that is his destiny!

College ke gate ki is taraf hum life ko nachate hain ...
Us taraf life humko nachaayegi!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Sudar said...

"Destiny!!! Aren't we the ones who shape destiny?"

Exactly....

09:57  
Blogger Sudar said...

"Destiny!!! Aren't we the ones who shape destiny?"

Exactly....

09:58  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home