Thursday, November 01, 2007

Conversations...

I was having this conversation with one of my friends about the need for marriage! The thing is lot of my batch mates are tying the knot or are in the process of getting engaged. Good for them – and wish them the very best in their lives! But back to the point, my friend said that marriage is important for a lot of things – you need a companion to share your thoughts, share your joys and sorrows, someone to come back home to, in a sense. He also mentioned that marriage helps you desire for something – helps you understand and appreciate what you are working for, earning for!

I wouldn’t blame him for thinking that way! Maybe a lot of my other friends do think along the same lines. Somehow I don’t see any meaning in all this. Why can’t I just work for myself? And why can’t I be happy earning money and spending it on myself?

Some other people I talked to said that the need for a partner would be felt after some time – when you are in your middle age and would feel the need for someone in your life. Again, when you have lived all your adult life alone, why would anyone feel the need for someone in middle age? Maybe you would! Maybe you wouldn’t!

I guess it’s got to do with how comfortable you are being alone! I am quite comfortable being all alone – sometimes you feel the need for solitude – just you with yourself! And I feel this need quite often! I guess it is quite difficult for me to share my life with somebody else, ever!

End note: I was talking to my manager about this. I told him a live – in relationship was preferred! He says all you Mumbai guys are the same – corrupted! :D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home