Saturday, May 13, 2006

Goodbye

It's been a long time since I blogged. Not that I was busy or something, in fact the last few months have been the most relaxed! But it happens, doesn't it? When you have all the bloody time in the world and yet you are not free!!! Anyways, this blog dedicated to IITM, the institution that I said goodbye to in the last week; and about which I had been meaning to write something for quite sometime now.

Sometimes I feel I'm not qualified enough to write on IITM ... that's for my BTech brothers ... who have spent four of their most wonderful years of their lives here. Sometimes, I felt that I do not belong here, MBAs were not a part of the "junta"!! But IITM proved me wrong, proved us all wrong!

As I leave this beautiful campus, here are a few memories that I'll carry with me.... I take nothing away from here, just memories...

Memories ....

...of a green campus, of a forest reserve, of humankind nestled in the lap of the jungle;

...of monkeys (lots of them!) that troubled you no end, yet the heart now longs for their presence;

...of the deer and black bucks, that you never gave a damn about, yet now realize you'll never ever live in the midst of;

...of JAM - the early days, and the struggles to find water to bathe, of those early mornings - running around with a bucket in hand!

...of JAM, of the 9th wing, where two years were lived, two years like never before ... never again;

...of the quadrangle - of footer, of volly - of the practice for Sports day!

...of Gurunath, of the "spot", of the times spent sipping mocha; :)

...of GC - where everything in IIT began and ended!

...of OAT - where I saw movies without paying for a ticket ever!!!

...of the HSS building - where my journey to a manager began!

I am left with images... images for which I need no prints, images embedded in the heart, images that'll remain - that I'll take to my grave....

Images of Saarang - how much more colorful can it ever get?

Images of an event called Samanvay - how it began and how it ended!

Images of DoMS - the new building

Images of the lab - where we sleeping souls outnumbered the blinking comps!

Images of virtual games - Virtua Tennis or BHD! - where many a Ghengis Khan was born 'n dead!!!

Images of 408Jam - images of the monk's abode!

... and finally memories of the friends I have made - friends - some who have remained so, some not! Yet all have taught me something! Relationships that have been made - made for life! A life that has been lived - a life of all but two years - yet a life that I will always remember. A life spent at IITM! And a life that has taught what 23 years couldn't!!!

Perhaps mere words fail to capture the experience - yet there is one thing that I will always regret - that I did not try for the IITs - that I could not spend four years of an undergraduate here .... yet I am thankful - thankful for a chance to be a part of the IIT - two years nevertheless!

It's time to say goodbye....

1 Comments:

Blogger EternallyExceptional said...

hey,,,,are you really leaving writing here as well? we're gonna miss you here!

19:12  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home